The Cooper-Partridge whānau have house-swapped with friends to spend half the school holidays in Great Lake Taupō. Some of my Taupō pals have given us some hints and tips about what to do, where to go and how to spend our time in this stunning part of Aotearoa New Zealand. Here’s my list so far, but I’d love to hear from you! What’s you favourite, family friendly, modestly priced (or better still, free!) thing to do in Taupō?
- Book into the Taupō Top 10 Holiday Park or Debrett’s for the day and lounge around in the heated pools
- Take a dip at the AC Baths – an all-weather, family-friendly, thermally heated pool complex in town
- Mooch around the Museum
- Get your art on with Taupo rocks
- Join the library – visitors to Taupō can join for just $10, and they have a packed schedule of fun for the kids this holidays!
- Catch the latest blockbuster at the local cinema
- Marvel at Huka Falls and explore some of the some of the walking tracks
- Stretch our legs on the Lake Rotopounamu circular track
- Live the high life with high tea at Chateau Tongariro (if we win lotto!)
- Enjoy a walk with a difference at Craters of the Moon
- Soak for free at Otumuheke Stream and Spa Park
- Feed the family at The Bistro or Dixie Browns on Roberts Street
- Chill out at the Marina
- Visit Tongariro National Trout Centre, surprisingly good fun, apparently (I’m just a wee bit skeptical that fish can be entertaining!)
So, what would be on your list? Can’t wait to find out!